Tuesday, June 25, 2013

"Little" Assembly Required : Magazine Organizer

Today while I was looking for two very SMALL things at Michael's, I came upon this magazine organizer that was on a super sale ($59.99 for $17.99).  I decided for $17.99 I had to get it, since I could use it at home or in my classroom.  I kept thinking the box was heavy for something so small but when I took the pieces out I realized it was definitely bigger than I anticipated.

I also realized that there were A LOT of pieces. The box claims "little assembly required" which I now know is a lie.  I started putting it together, and after about an hour and a half later. I was finished.




Then I realized that I forgot the two back pieces, so I had to take a side off, slide them in, and re-screw them in.

FINALLY I was finished.


I'm pretty happy with the final project.  I only wonder why the middle section is bigger than the other four compartments, but it is what it is (can you tell?). I followed the screw guides, so I don't think it's user error.
Either way, I'm now ready to load up on some magazines and get myself organized.

1 comment:

  1. Hello oh so organized Nautical Girl! You impress me with your ability to assemble things (first Harper's owl play yard now this)! I like that the middle is bigger, but you're right, it's a bit odd.

    ReplyDelete