Front of the Table:
So I thought my best bet was old CDs. I took a bunch of old ones that I had lying around that had a pretty color on the back. Then one by one, I boiled them in water to make them easier to cut. While they were still hot, I would use a sharp pair of scissors to cut them into smaller peices, of all different shapes and sizes.
Once I had A LOT of pieces, I put a super small dab of glue in the inlay of the table and put the cd piece on the glue just to hold it. Then I arranged the peices, into a shape I liked and... Behold the finished project. It took probably a months worth of boiling, cutting, gluing, and arranging in a pattern. Some of the CD pieces would flake a bit, so I'd have to cut more. But overall I was very happy with the result.
Eventually I would like to try to get different colored CDs and arrange them into a pretty shape or something, but I need to find a large quantity of them and something to put them on.
Either way comment any questions you have :]